STARFIRE Transformer Oil is an electrical insulating oil produced from severely hydrotreated naphthenic base oils to meet the specifications defined in ASTM D 3487. It is formulated with an oxidation inhibitor to minimize formation of acids and sludge in service to minimize oil deterioration and extend the
operating life of the immersed components.
- Excellent oxidation stability - Formulated with oxidation inhibitors which minimize the formation of sludge, acids, esters,
peroxides and moisture which are the major cause of deterioration of the insulating oil. This allows components to operate at
higher temperatures for longer periods, increasing component life.
- Low pour point and low viscosity - Allows oil to penetrate solid insulation to help convey heat from core materials to reduce
operating temperature and increase component life under a wide range of operating conditions.
- High dielectric strength and low power factor provide excellent insulating properties.
- Noncorrosive to copper and copper alloys
- Does not contain any PCBs
STARFIRE Transformer Oil meets the requirements of:
STARFIRE Transformer Oil PDS
STARFIRE Transformer Oil SDS
ANSI/ ASTM D 3487 Type II Inhibited Oil
Federal VV-I-530A, Class II Specification
NATO symbol S-756, British Standard BS148:1972
GE A13A3A2 (10CA) Specification IEC 296 Class IIA Specification NEMA Type II TR-P8-1975
Westinghouse Specification PDS 55822AG